Teeth alignment is a process, and it doesn’t happen overnight. With traditional metal braces, it becomes very obvious once you begin your course of alignment, with all the wires and metal suddenly installed in your mouth. This can take a toll on your self-esteem and confidence when in social situations. This is where transparent braces come in.
Modern dentistry has found ways to work around. and in some cases, eliminate the visual awkwardness that comes with metal braces almost completely. Traditional metal braces, while still the most common of teeth alignment methods, are no longer the only option if you want perfectly aligned pearly whites. Read on to learn more about the different types of invisible braces and find out which option is the best for you.
What are the different types of invisible braces?
In the market today, there are different types of invisible braces available depending on the dental provider you choose to approach. These methods all vary in terms of effectiveness, discreetness, and price points. Below are some of the most popular ways to align your teeth without a jarring change in appearance.
- Ceramic Braces – Ceramic braces are the most similar to traditional braces, but the key difference is that they are made from ceramic rather than metal. This change in material means a change in the appearance of your braces: using ceramic that is much closer to the natural color of your teeth minimizes their appearance and eliminates some of the “metal mouth” look. However, this change in material also means a change in price point, as ceramic is more expensive than metal. Some ceramic braces also still work in tandem with metal wires, which means that they are still quite visible to the people around you.
- Lingual Braces – Lingual braces, also sometimes referred to as inside braces, are considered “invisible” not because of the material used but rather because of their placement in your mouth. Lingual braces are often made with the same material as metal braces, so they tend to be less expensive than ceramic braces. These are placed along your dental arch behind your teeth, making it difficult to tell that you are wearing them. However, the downside to lingual braces is that they are considered less effective than traditional metal braces or ceramic braces. Beginning your treatment with lingual braces means that you might need to keep them on for longer. Also, keeping them clean is even more difficult than regular braces.
- Transparent braces – Transparent braces or clear aligners are the most unique and innovative way to straighten teeth. Rather than permanently attaching orthodontic gear to your teeth, transparent braces are sets of clear plastic trays that are custom-made to fit your teeth – aligning them throughout the course of treatment in the most discreet and inconspicuous way. Clear braces are also removable, which means that you can eat, drink, and maintain your oral hygiene routine with less hassle. Unlike with traditional metal braces, there are no food restrictions with transparent braces. They are far easier to clean and maintain and with proper compliance to your treatment plan, transparent braces can align your teeth much quicker than other methods of teeth alignment.
How long do I have to wear transparent braces?
The question of how long you need to wear transparent braces can be answered in two ways: the amount of time you would need to wear them throughout the day, and how long it would take for you to complete your treatment and achieve perfectly aligned teeth.
- How long should I wear my transparent braces per day?
Most dental providers recommend that you wear your aligners for most hours of the day. In the case of ALINA aligners, we recommend that you wear them at least 22 hours a day, for best results. However, you can (and should!) take them out to eat and drink, or when you’re brushing and flossing your teeth. If a professional or personal situation arises where you would be more comfortable and confident without your aligners, you can take them out for a short time, but put them back in right away when possible.
- How long until I don’t have to wear my transparent braces anymore?
Because all smiles are unique, how long your treatment time with transparent braces will last also depends on how much your teeth need to be moved or rotated. Treatment for relatively simple cases can take less than a year, but may take up to two years or more for severely misaligned teeth. However, because transparent braces fit over your teeth and apply pressure throughout your whole dental arch, treatment time with aligners is often much shorter than with lingual braces or even metal braces. Adults who needed braces as children and whose teeth have become slightly misaligned over the years may need invisible teeth aligners for as little as 10 weeks.
When selecting your provider, choose one that gives you the ability to truly uncover your smile. Philippines dental clinics provide several options, so it is crucial to do your research before finding the right fit for you.
How much is the cost of transparent braces?
You might spend around PhP180,000 for a set of ALINA aligners. That may sound like quite a bit more than traditional metal braces, but that’s because of the expertise required and the material used for the aligners themselves. Invisible braces prices depend on your case, how long treatment is required, and the number of sets of aligners you might need for the course of your alignment. All this considered, transparent braces are still a worthwhile investment in order for you to get the smile of your dreams and boost your confidence.
Where can I get transparent braces?
There are quite a few options for transparent braces available on the market, so it is important to consider the quality of materials used as well as the caliber of the clinic you might choose. The best providers will consider your case as unique and provide you with treatment that is customized to cater to you and your needs. With ALINA, dentists not only consider your teeth but also the way that your smile fits in harmony with your facial structure. The results speak for themselves, giving you a more cohesive and harmonious look. Find out more about our holistic and innovative approach to teeth alignment by visiting our how ALINA Works pages.
Dental treatments and methods of teeth alignment have evolved throughout the years, and innovation means solving the problems of the past in our pursuit of a great smile. Now, attaining a smile that you’re proud of doesn’t require you to bear years and years of your treatment impacting your appearance and confidence. With transparent braces, you’re free to live your life as you always have, all while getting you closer to achieving perfectly aligned pearly whites. Begin uncovering your smile today and book a consult with ALINA.