Do you feel conscious about your crooked teeth? Still can’t smile on your selfies? There’s no need to worry! Thanks to technological advancements and the unending efforts of our dental experts, we can now help you brighten your beautiful smile using clear teeth aligners.
In today’s blog post, we will discuss some of the best popular teeth alignment options or different types of aligners that can help achieve your desired results.
Who needs teeth aligners or dental braces?
Teeth aligners are dental devices, designed to treat or correct crooked and misaligned teeth. Here are some signs telling you that you might need aligners or braces:
- When you have visibly crooked or crowded teeth
- When you experience difficulty or discomfort when brushing or flossing around crooked teeth
- When your teeth don’t close properly while your mouth is at rest
- When you experience pain or discomfort when eating or chewing food
- When you have visible gaps in your teeth
- When you experience difficulties pronouncing certain sounds because of your tongue’s position under your teeth.
- When your jaw clicks or makes noises when eating or chewing food
- When you want to get better confidence with a beautiful smile
Types of aligners
There are various types of dental aligners that can treat dental issues and improve overall oral health. At ALINA, our team of experts will carefully assess your condition and desired results to design your perfect teeth alignment treatment.
Check out some of the most popular types of aligners available today:
Traditional or metal braces
Average Cost: Around ₱30,000 to ₱50,000
Up until today, many dental clinics still offer metal braces to patients dealing with misaligned or crooked teeth. These braces are made of metal wirings and trays, attached to the teeth for a period of time. It works by putting constant pressure on the teeth and jaw to correct their alignment and improve the smile.
- Affordability. Traditional braces are the cheapest dental aligners available today.
- Traditional braces can be effective in treating more complicated orthodontic cases
- Traditional braces can be unsightly and uncomfortable with metal wirings and trays, attached to your teeth.
- Performing dental hygiene can be more challenging with traditional or metal braces.
- Traditional braces are more prone to damage and injuries since you cannot remove them while performing physical activities or playing contact sports.
- There will be more food restrictions when you have metal braces.
- Having metal braces requires more dental visits as the dentist needs to make adjustments with wires and trays.
Average Cost: Around ₱100,000
Ceramic braces is like traditional braces. They also have the same mechanics for adjusting misaligned and crooked teeth. The only difference between the two is the materials used to construct them. As the name implies, these braces are made of ceramic materials.
- They look more visually appealing compared to traditional braces. Ceramic materials used in these braces can blend into the natural color of the teeth.
Ceramic braces and traditional braces share almost the same disadvantages since they are both fixed to your teeth. In addition, they are also more expensive than traditional or metal braces.
Average cost: Around ₱80,000 or higher
Like traditional braces, lingual braces are also made of metal. However, they are attached to the inside of the teeth, which makes them less noticeable.
- They are less noticeable than ceramic and traditional braces.
- They are cheaper than ceramic braces
They are less effective than traditional and ceramic braces, so expect a longer treatment duration before achieving desired results.
Clear teeth aligners
Average cost: ₱180,000 to ₱250,000
Clear teeth aligners or invisible braces are getting more and more popular these days. Despite the price, many people are leaning towards this option because of the comfort and aesthetic factor it offers.
These aligners are made of custom-fit clear trays. They are also removable for safety and convenience. Dentists or orthodontists require patients to wear clear aligners for at least 22 hours every day.
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible, making them the most desirable option in terms of aesthetic factors.
- They are effective in correcting crowded, crooked or misaligned teeth.
- They are considered the safest and most comfortable option as they are custom-fit and removable.
- There are no food restrictions with clear aligners as you can simply remove them when eating or drinking.
- You are less prone to chronic conditions and injuries with clear aligners.
- Performing oral hygiene is a lot easier since you can remove your aligners when brushing or flossing your teeth.
- Having invisible braces only requires minimal dental visits. At ALINA, they can deliver your set of new aligners right to your doorstep.
Reminder: Don’t forget to ask your dentist or orthodontist if clear aligners are a possible treatment for you!
Start your ALINA journey today!
Are you ready for the perfect teeth alignment? Something that doesn’t require you to change the way you eat or how you smile when you talk to your friends or when taking a selfie?
We truly understand all the hassle of having those unsightly metal wires attached to your teeth! That’s why we keep pushing the boundaries of aesthetics and cosmetic dentistry to give you the smile you deserve!
With ALINA Aligners, you can still look beautiful and have the same confidence while getting that winning bright smile!
Book a consult to start your ALINA journey today!