When it comes to teeth alignment, one of the most common questions people have is how long the results will last. In this blog post, we will explore the various factors that determine how long teeth alignment lasts, and what steps can be taken to ensure the longevity of the results.
Duration of Teeth Alignment
The duration of teeth alignment can vary depending on several factors such as the severity of the misalignment, the type of treatment used, and the patient’s cooperation in maintaining the results.
- Traditional braces can take anywhere from 18 months to 3 years depending on the severity of the misalignment.
- Invisalign typically takes 12 to 18 months.
- Jaw surgery can take several months to a year to fully recover.
Retention and Maintenance
The duration of teeth alignment can be prolonged with proper retention and maintenance.
- Retention is the process of keeping the teeth in their new position after the treatment is completed. This can be done with retainers which are worn for a certain period of time after the treatment.
- Maintenance is the process of keeping the teeth clean, and healthy and preventing any relapse of the previous misalignment. This includes regular dental check-ups, good oral hygiene practices, and avoiding habits that can cause the teeth to shift such as biting nails, chewing on pens, or using the teeth as tools.
Teeth alignment can last for many years with proper retention and maintenance. Alina Invisible Braces is a clear, comfortable, and affordable solution for teeth alignment, with a team of experts that will ensure the longevity of the results. Contact our team today to schedule a consultation and see how Alina Invisible Braces can help you achieve a beautiful and long-lasting smile.