A great smile can work wonders for your appearance, charisma, and confidence. This is why it’s so important to have great oral health, which, in turn, is affected by a number of different factors. The overall look of your smile is a combination of different components, and to have a great smile, you need to think about the size, shape, color, and of course, alignment of your teeth. This is where removable braces come in.
When it comes to teeth alignment, there are numerous options available on the Philippine market. From traditional braces to space-age plastic aligners, these methods all vary in technique, ease of use, price range, and effectiveness. However, there are very few that are as effective, convenient, discreet, and time-efficient as removable braces.
What are removable braces?
Out of the most common types of braces, removable braces are the most unique, as they are not fixed orthodontic gear and are typically much easier to manage throughout your treatment. They require fewer and less frequent dental visits, and for many cases, a shorter treatment period to achieve that beautiful smile. While they are more expensive than other teeth alignment methods, for many patients, the results they create are more than worth the expense.
In principle, removable braces function similarly to other methods of teeth alignment with a few key differences that set them apart. Removable braces are a set of clear plastic trays that fit over your teeth and are custom-made to fit you. These trays apply constant pressure to your teeth, moving them slowly and gently into their optimal positions.
As your treatment progresses, your dental provider will prescribe you new sets of aligners to periodically realign your teeth as they move. This brings you closer and closer to your most ideal smile. Because removable braces apply pressure all throughout your teeth, having your teeth aligned using them often takes much faster than traditional metal braces.
What are the advantages of removable braces?
As the newest, most innovative method of teeth alignment available on the Philippine market today, removable braces have several advantages that make them a more appealing option. removable braces prices might vary from case to case, but it’s a worthwhile investment when considering the difference it can make on your life and your smile. The advantages of removable braces include the following:
- They are nearly invisible. – Because they are made of clear plastic trays rather than opaque metal or ceramic, removable braces are significantly less conspicuous than any other option. This means you’ll be able to keep your pristine look, with no distracting metal bits in your mouth, all throughout your treatment.
- They are removable. – Apart from being inconspicuous, removable braces are also less intrusive on your lifestyle. Unlike metal braces, you can (and should!) remove them when eating or drinking, which also means that you don’t have any food and diet restrictions while being treated.
- They require a shorter period of treatment. – With proper compliance to the treatment, removable braces often work quickly to align your teeth. They also require less frequent visits to your dentist, unlike the regular visits and adjustments required by other alignment methods.
- They reduce the risk of oral hygiene problems during treatment. – Being able to remove your aligners means it’s much easier to perform your oral hygiene routine, giving you the ability to regularly brush and floss with ease. Unlike fixed orthodontic gear such as metal or ceramic braces, removable braces give you the liberty of taking out your aligners as needed, meaning you don’t have to work around them to maintain your oral hygiene. This minimizes the risk of your teeth suffering as a result of your treatment.
- They are easy to clean. – Apart from making it easier to clean your teeth, removable braces are easy to clean themselves. Regular cleaning of your removable braces also contributes to healthy oral hygiene.
Which teeth conditions can removable braces fix?
Removable braces are just as, if not more effective than more traditional braces designs. They can repair almost every common tooth misalignment issue, including:
- Open Bite – In this tooth misalignment condition, the patient’s incisors, or front teeth, do not meet, leaving a gap between them. In severe cases of open bite, even the teeth beside the incisors, referred to as the canines, fail to meet as well.
- Tooth crowding – Also known as crooked teeth, this condition causes teeth to rub and bump into one another due to insufficient space in the mouth. This may happen once a patient’s third molars, popularly known as “wisdom teeth”, come in. This condition often creates crannies and food traps, making teeth difficult to clean and more hospitable to cavity-causing bacteria.
- Diastema – The opposite of tooth crowding. Diastema is a condition wherein large, visible gaps occur between the teeth. If left untreated, the gaps may trap food particles and encourage bacterial growth, resulting in poor oral hygiene, cavities, and a host of other dental issues.
- Crossbite – A misalignment of the teeth wherein the upper teeth sit behind the lower ones. This condition can be inconvenient and bothersome and can result in frequent biting of the cheeks and lips.
How often do you need to wear removable braces?
For best results, we recommend that you wear your ALINA aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Whenever you visit your dentist, they will usually check up on your progress until you are ready to move on to the next set of aligners until your treatment plan is successfully completed.
Where can you get removable braces?
While there are a few options for removable braces in the Philippines, the best providers of them will consider your case as unique and treat you as such: with care and expertise. With ALINA, dentists will not only consider your teeth but also your facial structure and how best to align your teeth in a way that will uncover your most beautiful smile. To learn more about our unique and innovative approach towards teeth alignment, take a look at our How ALINA Works page.
A great smile can work wonders for your appearance and charisma, and it all starts with great teeth. Having pearly whites that align perfectly will improve your confidence, giving you the boost you need to take on the world. Begin your journey to a better smile and book a consult with ALINA today.