Good oral hygiene is the key to a beautiful smile. The way people speak, smile, and interact with those around them are affected by our oral health – and that’s exactly why it is so important to keep it up. One of the most common dental problems that take a toll on self-confidence and self-esteem is misaligned teeth. It can sometimes be difficult to speak freely and smile confidently and candidly when we feel conscious about the way our teeth look when we do. Luckily, there are solutions that can help you achieve perfectly aligned teeth, and among the most effective, convenient, and discreet ways to achieve them is through invisible braces. Also known as transparent aligners or removable braces, invisible braces allow you to truly uncover your beautiful smile without the usual hassles of traditional metal braces.
Can anyone get invisible braces?
Of course, it would always be best to approach trained professionals before proceeding with any dental treatments, including invisible braces. Philippines dental clinics can offer a more professional opinion and comprehensive consultation. However, some of the ways to tell whether or not invisible braces might be for you would be to inspect your teeth and watch out for these early indicators.
- Malocclusions – Malocclusions indicate overcrowding across either the top or bottom dental arch. Some of the indicators include teeth that are rotated sideways, protruding teeth, or teeth that overlap with one another. If a patient has a particularly difficult time when flossing, especially between specific teeth, it may be a sign of malocclusions.
- Irregular Spacing – In other cases, irregular spacing can also be an indication that a patient needs invisible aligners. Missing teeth, unevenly sized teeth, and teeth that are too far apart from one another are easily identifiable visual cues for irregular spacing.
- Misaligned bite – Another way to tell whether or not a patient might need invisible braces is to assess their bite. A proper bite means they can comfortably bite down with their teeth coming together evenly. When the misalignment starts to affect the way the patient’s mouth moves or the way they speak, it may be time to seek guidance from a dental professional.
How do invisible braces work?
Transparent braces work towards the same goal as traditional braces: well-aligned teeth across the top and bottom arch. However, there are some distinctions that set them apart:
- Permanence – For one, invisible aligners are not permanently attached to the patient’s teeth during the course of alignment. Once the patient receives their aligners, they have the freedom to take them out as needed. This makes it easier for the patient to eat comfortably as well as perform their oral hygiene routine.
- Placement – Instead of being orthodontic gear attached to only the outer side of teeth, removable braces are a set of clear plastic trays that fit over teeth and apply pressure throughout the entire row. This often allows for a quicker duration of treatment, as long as the patient complies with the treatment consistently.
- Maintenance – While traditional metal braces require the patient to visit their dentist regularly, clear aligners do not require the same number of visits throughout the course of treatment. Instead, they’ll be given a set of several aligners, each one getting the patient closer and closer to their goal of well-aligned teeth. This means that apart from periodic checkups and progress checks, invisible braces require minimal intervention from the dental provider.
How long does it take to straighten teeth using invisible braces?
Each case that requires invisible aligners requires a different duration of treatment, and to answer the question of how long it takes to straighten teeth using invisible braces always depends on a consultation with a dentist. The span of treatment depends on how much a patient’s teeth need to be rotated or moved. However, in most cases treatment using invisible braces takes much shorter than traditional metal braces because the trays apply pressure on all sides of the teeth, more effectively leading them to the proper position.
Treatment can typically last between 10 to 24 months before the suitable alignment is achieved. In cases involving adult patients who have already had braces during their childhood, alignment can take as little as 10 weeks. In order to achieve optimal results most efficiently, most dentists would recommend that patients wear their aligners for a minimum of 22 hours per day.
Which tooth conditions can be treated by invisible braces?
Much like traditional metal braces, most tooth conditions or misalignment issues can be treated by invisible braces. Apart from its aesthetic benefits, clear aligners also improve your overall dental health in the long run. The most common issues that can be treated by invisible braces include the following:
- Crowding – When too many teeth converge on a single space, it can cause problems for the patient’s bite and general comfort. Invisible aligners help direct teeth away from areas in the dental arch that suffer from crowding, allowing them to have a proper space of their own.
- Spacing – On the opposite end of alignment issues, teeth that are spaced too far apart can also benefit from invisible aligners. Applying pressure so that spacing between teeth is more even, aligners can guide teeth so that they are situated at a consistent and comfortable distance from each other.
- Protrusion or Rotation – Teeth that stick too far out of your mouth or are rotated sideways can often cause discomfort as well as an inconsistent appearance across your dental arch. Clear aligners can fix these alignment problems by guiding misaligned teeth parallel to the rest of the teeth, orienting them in the right position.
These conditions and the severity of each misalignment issue are all factors that affect invisible braces prices. To determine the best approach to address your particular case, the best first step would be to approach a trusted dental professional.
Why choose ALINA when it comes to invisible braces?
While there are a few options available on the market, when choosing a dental provider it is crucial that you consider the expertise of the clinic as well as the standard of the materials that will be used for your aligners. After all, invisible braces are an investment and it is important that you choose a provider that will customize a treatment that caters to your specific case. With ALINA, you can be sure to get the following:
- Better materials – ALINA’s clear aligners are made with space-age materials approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, ensuring their safety and reliability.
- Better technology – It’s only from ALINA that you’ll have access to the AlinaSmile technology that uses Ai to predict the optimal positions for your teeth, to truly uncover your smile.
- Better results – With more than 25 years of experience in designing beautiful smiles in the US and Canada, you can be sure you’ll love your beautiful smile with ALINA.
To learn more about how to uncover your smile, visit our how ALINA works pages.
Well-aligned teeth are a crucial foundation on which great smiles are built. Take the first step to achieving the smile of your dreams and book a consult today.