If you’re noticing your teeth shift, you’re probably at the stage where your mouth needs a little help. You could go with braces, but did you know there’s another option? Invisible braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces, for a number of different reasons. We’ll get into all of those, but first, what are invisible braces anyway, and how do they help maintain my oral health?
What are invisible braces?
If you’re looking for a way to uncover your most beautiful smile without metal braces, invisible braces may be the solution for you. Invisible braces, also sometimes referred to as clear aligners, are a series of molded trays made of a clear, lightweight material that is virtually undetectable when worn. They are an increasingly popular choice for both adults and teens who want to improve their smile without metal braces.
Invisible braces can be used to treat a wide variety of orthodontic issues, including crowding, spacing, and bite problems. They are also an excellent choice for people who have had previous orthodontic treatment and need to wear retainers to maintain their results.
One of the biggest benefits of invisible braces is that they are much more comfortable to wear than metal braces. They also require less care and maintenance, making them a convenient option for busy adults.
If you’re considering invisible braces, it’s important to consult with an experienced orthodontist to see if they are the right treatment option for you.
How do invisible braces support oral health?
Invisible braces are an excellent option for people who are looking to improve their oral health. They are much less noticeable than traditional braces, and they offer a number of benefits that can support your oral health.
Invisible braces can help to improve your bite by gently moving your teeth into the correct position. This can help to reduce the chances of developing tooth decay or gum disease. Additionally, invisible braces can help to improve your speech and make it easier to clean your teeth.
If you are considering invisible braces, be sure to talk to your dentist about whether they are right for you. They can answer any questions you have and help you make the best decision for your oral health.
Which oral health problems can invisible braces fix?
Invisible braces are a popular choice for people looking to improve their smiles without metal brackets and wires. But did you know that invisible braces can also benefit your oral health? Here are some of the ways that invisible braces can improve your oral health:
- Invisible braces can help to straighten teeth that are crowded or have gaps between them. This can help to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, as it is easier to keep your teeth clean when they are properly aligned.
- Invisible braces can also help to correct bite problems such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite. This can improve your chewing function and reduce the risk of TMJ disorders.
- Invisible braces can help to relieve pressure on your teeth and jaw joints. This can lead to improved comfort and reduced pain from conditions like TMJ disorder or bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Improved alignment of your teeth can also lead to better overall oral health by making it easier to brush and floss properly. This can help you avoid problems like cavities, gum disease, and bad breath.
If you are considering invisible braces for yourself or your child, talk to your orthodontist about how ALINA works.
Additional oral health tips while using invisible braces
To make the most of your experience while using invisible braces, you should still maintain a regular oral hygiene routine. Here are some tips that will help you keep your invisible braces perfectly transparent throughout your treatment period.
- Never eat anything while wearing your invisible braces. The trays that make up the ALINA invisible braces system are very durable, but they aren’t designed to withstand regular chewing and biting. Not only will you damage the aligner trays if you eat with them in; you’ll also end up staining them. This will make your teeth look off while the trays are being worn, and nobody wants that!
- Only drink cold water with the invisible braces in. You can take a sip of cold water whenever you wear your invisible braces, but avoid colas and other colored or sugary drinks while wearing them. These could stain the trays. Also, refrain from drinking hot liquids while wearing invisible braces, as these can cause the trays to warp or distort and prevent them from working properly.
- Brush your invisible braces! Whenever you take out your invisible braces, make sure you brush them and rinse them before putting them back in. This prevents any dirt or dust they may have been exposed to from coming into contact with your teeth. You’d definitely want that!
- Use the recommended cleaning solution for your invisible braces. You definitely want to keep your aligner trays pristine and clear. Toothpaste may leave a cloudy residue on the trays, especially if they aren’t rinsed well, so whenever they need cleaning, just use the prescribed cleaning solution. If that’s not available, lukewarm water should be fine.
For more tips on how to keep your aligners looking great, keep reading! And click here to learn more about invisible braces prices.
Why you should choose ALINA for invisible braces
ALINA invisible braces are specially designed to allow wearers to truly uncover their smiles. Make ALINA your choice for your partner to a beautiful smile if you want a product with:
- Better materials – ALINA is made from a space-age, highly durable material with just the right amounts of flexibility and rigidity, to uncover your smile gently but effectively.
- Better technology – ALINA is powered by its AlinaSmile technology, which uses Artificial Intelligence to determine your most beautiful smile, according to your face shape and the world-renowned Golden Ratio.
- Better results – With more than 25 years of experience in the US and Canada, as well as thousands of patients’ beautiful smiles uncovered, the results of partnering with ALINA speak for themselves.
Book a consult today to begin your journey to your most beautiful smile!