Since the invention of braces in the early 1800s, there have been leaps and bounds in innovation in the realm of cosmetic dentistry. While traditional metal braces are still highly common, there are alternatives in the market that offer options for those patients who may not find the look, feel, or inconvenience of permanently attached orthodontic gear appealing. There are now ceramic braces that function quite similarly to traditional metal braces (with the key difference being that they are made from ceramic rather than metal, reducing the stark look of metal brackets on teeth), lingual braces that are attached behind the dental arch rather than in front of teeth for a more subtle look (but often longer treatment), and transparent removable braces (also known as invisible aligners) that fit over top and bottom teeth.
Of these options, many patients prefer transparent braces over other teeth alignment methods because they are significantly more discreet than traditional braces, they are removable and allow you to maintain your lifestyle and oral hygiene routine normally, and they are able to align teeth much quicker than other methods. Out of all brands of clear aligners, Invisalign has become one of the most popular. However, since their introduction into the market, there have been other providers of teeth aligners that offer treatments similar to Invisalign while introducing their more unique and niche offerings. Read on to find out more about these invisible aligners and to determine which one would be best for you.
What would you consider in an Invisalign alternative?
In seeking an Invisalign alternative, there are multiple factors to weigh. Because clear aligners can sometimes cost more than traditional metal braces or even other teeth alignment methods, many people who are considering invisible aligners would often look up invisible braces prices first seek a cheaper alternative to Invisalign. However, cheaper doesn’t always mean better and deals for clear aligners that are too good to be true often are.
When looking into Invisalign alternatives, it is important to consider not only the price points of your options but also the caliber of the clinic or dental provider you are sourcing them from, the expertise of the dentists treating you, the quality of materials that they will be using to produce your aligners, and of course their track record and success rate for treating teeth alignment cases. Below are some of the most commonly known options patients consider when looking into options for clear aligners.
What dental conditions should Invisalign alternatives fix?
Ideally, your preferred aligner brand should be able to repair most common tooth misalignment issues.These conditions should include:
- Open bite – A tooth misalignment condition in which the front teeth are unable to meet or overlap at any point, resulting in an incomplete closure of the upper and lower jaws. This is commonly caused by misalignment between the bones in the jaws themselves.
- Tooth crowding – Crowding happens when there is not enough space to accommodate all of the teeth around the jaw. This is often a genetic condition, and may occur when the third molar or wisdom tooth begins to come is, usually during puberty.
- Crossbite – A misalignment issue where the top teeth fit inside the bottom teeth. There are two kinds of crossbite, depending on whether the front or back teeth are affected. Posterior crossbite affects the back teeth, while anterior crossbite affects the front teeth.
- Underbite – A misalignment issue that affects the entire upper jaw, in which the jaw and teeth sit behind the lower jaw. This creates the appearance of a protruding lower jaw. Many patients with this condition often complain of difficulty chewing their food.
- Gaps – Too much space between teeth. Patients with this condition are more vulnerable to having food getting trapped in between their teeth, making them susceptible to infections and cavities.
- Overbite – The opposite condition of underbite, where the upper jaw sits too far forward relative to the lower jaw. Patients with this condition are prone to biting their cheeks, lips, or tongue.
Alina Invisible Aligners as the ideal Invisalign alternative
ALINA invisible braces should be your first choice for an Invisalign alternative, and will be your best partner in fully uncovering your smile. This is because when you choose ALINA, you’ll be getting invisible braces with:
- Better materials – ALINA’s specially designed aligners are constructed using a space-age, FDA-approved material with just the right balance of flexibility and rigidity. At the same time, it’s perfectly transparent to allow you to fully uncover your smile.
- Better technology – Using AlinaSmile AI technology, Alina doesn’t only consider the technical and orthodontic alignment of your teeth – they also consider your facial features so that your alignment plan helps you get the most perfect smile in harmony with the rest of your facial structure.
- Better results – Only ALINA has more than 25 years of experience uncovering the most beautiful smiles of more than a million patients in the US, Canada, and the UK. Today, ALINA is available to Filipinos who want to uncover their smiles too.
To learn more about this innovation in digital dentistry, take a look at our How Alina Works pages.
Where to get Alina Invisible Aligners
The best place to start in order to get Alina Invisible Aligners is from the comfort of your own home – by booking an online consultation to find out what Alina can do for you. Alina’s experts will thoroughly assess your teeth and see how it can be the right treatment for your specific case. From there, you will proceed to easy and painless scanning with an Alina dentist to digitize your teeth, allowing them to develop the most effective and appropriate alignment plan. Your Alina aligners will be delivered right to your door and ready to wear, getting you closer and closer to your perfectly aligned smile with every new set of aligners.
Invisalign may have been one of the first on the scene for invisible aligners, but now patients have an array of different options to choose from. The best clear braces provider will treat your case uniquely and expertly, taking into consideration not only your teeth but also the way they will look in relation to the rest of your facial structure. Get the smile of your dreams and book a consult with Alina today.