Adults who have gaps between their teeth or crooked teeth are often turning to invisible braces for adults as a way of correcting this. If you’re not sure if it’s the right decision for you, be sure to check out this article and the many ways that invisible braces can change your smile and make your life more enjoyable!
What are invisible braces?
Invisible braces, sometimes referred to as clear aligners, are a popular orthodontic treatment option for adults. They are made of clear plastic, and are virtually invisible when worn. This makes them a popular choice for adults who want to uncover their most beautiful smile without anyone knowing they are undergoing treatment.
But do invisible braces really work? Are they as effective as traditional metal braces?
The answer is yes! Invisible braces are just as effective as traditional metal braces at straightening teeth with mild to moderate misalignment issues. In fact, many people find them to be more comfortable and easier to wear than metal braces.
If you are considering invisible braces for yourself or your child, be sure to consult with an orthodontist to see if they are the right treatment option for you. You may even want to learn how ALINA works.
Why are invisible braces better than traditional metal braces?
Invisible braces have a number of advantages that make them more appealing to adults. Some of them include:
- They are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Invisible braces help people avoid the “metal mouth” look of traditional braces, preventing them from drawing unwanted attention.
- They are more comfortable to wear. Because invisible braces don’t use wires or brackets, they are less likely to poke the inside of the mouth and cause wounds or sores.
- They can be removed whenever necessary. Pictures and short videos will never again be ruined with a mess of metal in the subject’s mouth, when invisible braces are used!
- Users can eat whatever they want. Orthodontists will usually recommend that people with traditional braces should avoid sticky, hard, or crunchy food, to prevent the braces and brackets from being damaged. No such restrictions apply to those who choose invisible braces though; they can eat whatever they want.
- Maintenance is much easier. Special brushes or tools are usually needed to clean traditional braces. Even with those, keeping them free of food particles and debris can be a real chore. On the other hand, cleaning an aligner tray is easy and simple: just rinse it off whenever they’re taken out, and rinse them again before putting them back in.
Care tips for invisible braces for adults
If you’re an adult considering invisible braces to straighten your teeth, congratulations! You’re taking a major step toward improving your smile. These are an excellent choice for adults who want to achieve straighter teeth without a mouth full of metal.
To ensure that your treatment is as effective as possible, it’s important to follow some simple care tips for clear aligners. Here are four tips to help you get the most out of your treatment:
- Brush and floss regularly. Clear aligners need to be kept clean in order to work effectively. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day, and consider using an interdental brush to clean between your aligners and teeth.
- Wear your aligners as directed. In order to see results, you need to wear your clear aligners for 20-22 hours each day. That means only taking them out to eat or drink, and putting them back in as soon as possible afterward.
- Clean your aligners whenever you remove them. Clear aligners should be cleaned with soap and water every day, and brushed with a toothbrush just like your teeth. This will help prevent plaque buildup and keep your aligners smelling fresh.
- Never eat with your aligners in, and only drink cold water while wearing them. Your aligner trays are not designed to withstand the force generated by chewing. Eating with them in will both stain them and cause them to distort. In the same way, invisible braces trays are not meant to withstand high heat, and drinking hot drinks like coffee or tea may cause them to warp.
Why ALINA is the preferred choice for invisible braces for adults
ALINA’s invisible braces have been the top choice for anyone looking to uncover their most beautiful smile. That’s because our invisible braces are made with:
- Better materials – Our invisible braces are made from a perfectly transparent, space-age material that’s FDA approved and completely hypoallergenic.
- Better technology – With AlinaSmile AI technology, ALINA takes into consideration all of your facial features to help you achieve your most beautiful smile.
- Better results – Over 25 years, ALINA has helped uncover the smiles of more than a million happy patients in the US, Canada, and the UK.
Take the first step closer to your dream smile and book a consult today.